25 Things You Should Not Share On Social Media
I don't know whether you have started to notice that a lot of people are wanting help with their cows and ducks on Facebook and this activity is due to a very popular online game called Farmville. What prompted me to write this list germinated when the few Farmville updates turned into a stream and then became a raging torrent. On Facebook you can actually turn this stream off in the settings section which is a good thing as I have stopped counting sheep when trying to go to sleep and started counting bovines…
- 80 million players
- It's been named social networking game of the year
- It's played by people young and old
- It's bigger than Twitter
So, what have the settings for controlling Farmville streams with not sharing certain things on Facebook to do?
Well there are settings on Facebook that allow your updates to be made very public or private and Facebook's latest privacy changes have actually made more information and photos public in its bid to open up the previously very private walled garden of Facebook (unless you go back to your settings and reset the privacy controls) in its bid to compete with Twitters real time open stream of information in this increasingly competitive social media world as more marketers start implementing social media marketing campaigns.
To protect your reputation, personal brand, your bank account and your privacy you need to be very careful what you write and post on social media channels.
25 Things You
Should Not Share on Social Media
1. What chicken you are plucking or cow you're milking on Farmville on Facebook
2. How many you have killed on Mafia wars or where they are buried... again on Facebook
3. Party photos showing you intoxicated or a hand placed where it shouldn't be
4. That you are having a party... you might get more guests than you counted on
5. Photos revealing you flirting with the bosses wife at the annual work Christmas party
6. That you are having an affair or that you are thinking of having an affair
7. Complaints about your boss
8. That you hate your job and want to leave... you might get your wish... involuntarily
9. Don't share photos or an event that reveals that you were not sick that day at work
10. Drama with your friends
11. Issues with your parents
12. Passwords.. unless you have more money than brains
13. Hints about passwords like dogs names
14. Images and videos of your children
15. Don't link personal sites to professional business sites like LinkedIn... don't mix business with pleasure
16. Financial information such as how much money you do or don't have in your bank account
17. Personal Information
18. How to get more friends or followers... it already sounds like a scam
19. You are leaving on a holiday and the dates you are away on your holiday
20. Your daily schedule... burglars have been known to use these little hints to their advantage
21. Showing you doing something stupid ... not good for personal branding
22. Your bodily functions
23. Revealing extreme views on Race, Religion or Politics
24. What you had for breakfast
25. Finally, If you are not comfortable about it ... don't share it
Do you have more things you think that should not be shared on Social Media networks?
Share with me!
Not a member of Africa Adventure?
If you provide quality services to travellers within the listed countries of sub-saharan Africa and agree to adhere to our code of conduct including relevant government & travel industry regulations as well as all statutory requirements you are welcome to apply for membership to Africa Adventure.