Work from Holiday - Workation
With more people working remotely from home it is also very possible to work from holiday. Especially now, that international borders are reopening and more travellers are keen combining work and pleasure. Here are some ideas on how establishments can make this dream come true for travellers:
- Invest in uncapped reliable and fast Wi-Fi for your guests.
- For families – offer activities and childcare facilities. For the older children (and Dads) create a space for a games room with XBOX or Playstation games.
- Create a space in the room or lounge area with beautiful views of your property.
- Offer morning and/or afternoon activities for adults and children
A great example of balance in the new work from holiday for families:
- Morning nature walk for the children (while mom and dad works) and late afternoon spa treatment for the adults while a childminder keeps an eye on the little ones.
- There is a new trend amongst travellers of booking up to 10 nights instead of the standard 3-5 night stay.
- Consider offering a rate for longer holidays which will surely sweeten the pot as guest are more flexible with their time now.
Not a member of Africa Adventure?
If you provide quality services to travellers within the listed countries of sub-saharan Africa and agree to adhere to our code of conduct including relevant government & travel industry regulations as well as all statutory requirements you are welcome to apply for membership to Africa Adventure.